Religion: This centers on Jesus' life, his teachings, and the sacraments he instituted. It presents Jesus' call to each person to become his disciple and the ways in which his teachings, his sacraments, and his Church nourish people for discipleship.
L.A./Lit.: is designed to involve students in applying reading, writing, listening, speaking, and viewing skills in an independent manner through meaningful tasks. Students will continue to develop an appreciation for writing and literature through the study of grammar and literary elements in classic and contemporary selections. Emphasis is placed on moving from the literal to the abstract in the student's critical thinking skills and in the use of language.
Homework, Quizzes, Test, and Projects can be found on Gradelink and Google Classroom.It is also written on the board in class for students to see and/or write down.
- Gradelink School Code: 1952
- Google Classroom: To access google classroom students must be signed in with their assigned St. Patrick google account (please see below). No other google account will allow access, so please make sure to sign in with the St. Patrick account. A tutorial on how to join a class: https://youtu.be/k_uGNzSQ4YE
1. Each student will come to class prepared.
2. Each student is on her/his best behavior in school
3. Each student is respectful of themselves, their classmates, and the teachers.
4. Each student will make learning a priority and therefore, challenge themselves to do well, complete work on time, and take risks.
5. Student cell phones or other electronic devices are not to be used on campus at any time.
6. Students must wear a mask at all times, unless they are eating at lunch.
7. Students will stay at their seats six feet a part at all times, unless told they can move.
8. Students will wash their hands before and after lunch/recess.
Rules for the classroom
Be polite and respectful at all times.
Be on time to class and ready to work.
Respect others' property
Students should take turns, contribute, and ask questions in class discussions. As well as, listen to others while they are speaking.
Take responsibility for yourself.
Homework is the students responsibility and the parent is a "resource". Homework will be assigned daily. Most homework that your child receives is work not completed in class or any ongoing projects.
All work needs to be turned in on time. Late work will be accepted, although there will be a grade reduction. Also, late work will only be accepted with a grade reduction within two weeks of the due date. The first week the students can receive a maximum of a 'B' and the second week is a 'C'.
Tests that receive a grade of a 'C' or below are sent home for a parent signature. Students must return the test with corrections and a parent signature within the allotted time. They can then retake the test and the two test scores will be averaged for a final grade. Please, notify me to take a retake.